Re: reliably determining if an Info node is an index

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: reliably determining if an Info node is an index
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:24:22 -0500

    The address@hidden stuff, which we invented for images, will also give us an
    extensible mechanism, once Emacs Info ignores (and does not display) any
    directives it doesn't know what to do with.  (I'll attach a test file.)
    So in that sense, it is not *too* ugly a solution.

I think we want this change to be released in Emacs soon, if we are
going to put it into Texinfo now.  We should put it into a 21.4
release that we are going to make soon from the RC branch.