Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.
Date: 09 Mar 2004 00:52:01 +0100

address@hidden (Marco Munari 16447.64651) writes:

> dear developers, i use emacs and sometime i touch the code to improve it
> by my ideas,

If we are going to use your changes, we will need papers.

> i'm introducing new fringe *active* basic face,
> (FRINGE_ACTIVE_FACE_ID as new and complement of FRINGE_FACE_ID)
> to permit more hilighting of current selected window, because
> mod_line_inactive_face_id and mode_line_face_id highlight the selected
> emacs window only in the bottom (of the void space) below the buffer.

That is a nice idea, and I would like to consider it.

I can see quite some problems doing it properly, and from the comments
you gave I doubt it covers all corners of this functionality.

However, I will not look at your patch in details, until I know whether
you will sign papers.