RE: repost: segfault on linux

From: Jens Lautenbacher
Subject: RE: repost: segfault on linux
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:46:44 +0100

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 10:23, Berndl, Klaus wrote:
> Hmm, very mysterious...
> Jeff, Could you please test, if this bug occurs onyl with certain
> ECB-versions, so for exampe only with the new 2.22 and not with ECB 2.21 or
> vice versa or  if the bug occurs regardless which ECB-version is installed?

Hmm, I strongly suspect that it doesn't depend on ECB... At least it
doesn't depend on wether cedet1-betac, cedet-CVS or the old seperate
semantic/speedbar/eieio stuff was used.

> Does it only fail with current CVS Emacs or with the current release of Emacs
> 21 too. Have you tested it with XEmacs too?

Fails only with CVS Emacs, Emacs 21.3 works. XEmacs can't be tested, as
nxml doesn't work with it.

> Have you tested it with a vanilla Emacs, means started by
>   emacs -q -no-site-file
> and then just loading ECB and nxml-mode and nothing more?

yes. also segfaults

> Jeff, could you please answer to these questions? Thanks a lot!

I answered, because I strongly suspect that you actually wanted to write
"Jens"...

> Could you please file me a complete problem-report via
> `ecb-sumbit-problem-report' so i can see your configuration of ECB and
> some of the Emacs-internal-states?

I'll do, but not to the list...