Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)
Date: 12 Mar 2004 11:45:58 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> Is the prefix argument of the following more user-friendly?
>
> (Info-menu MENU-ITEM &optional FORK)

Wow, I didn't know about that -- that _is_ much better!

I notice that the name of the resulting forked info buffer contains the
name of the target node, which might or might not always be the right
thing, but I suppose it's a reasonable guess.

> Actually, it might be even more useful if the "d" command for going
> to a new directory would also have this FORK functionality, since
> _that_ is the point where one usually wants to start a new info
> path.  And while we are at it, "t" could also make use of a FORK
> prefix.

Yes those also would be handy...

-Miles
--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde