Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:57:03 +0100

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> Heh.  :)  Many have complained about similar functionality in M-x
> shell, for example (and written code where M-x shell starts *another*
> shell instead of switching to the existing shell buffer).

On a tangent, I like fshell.el which has functionality not provided by
M-x shell RET plus clone-buffer:

C-u 42 M-x fshell RET goes to the *shell*<42> buffer, creating it if
it doesn't exist, yet.

For some reason or other, I like this much better than using some
switch-to-buffer interface for selecting the right buffer.

Kai