Re: Current CVS version install breaks on Mac OSX

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: Current CVS version install breaks on Mac OSX
Date: 14 Mar 2004 21:20:00 +0100

>>> Anyway in Carbon Emacs it
>>> won't compile because the X11 headers are not included. Moreover it
>>> shouldn't
>>> be included as macmenu.o takes over the required functionality.
>>
>> Will this be fixed if the XMENU_OBJ definition I added, in the non-X
>> branch, is conditioned with "#ifndef HAVE_CARBON"?  If so, please feel
>> free to commit such a change.

ST> Yes & done.  The build should work again for Carbon MacOSX.

In fact it means that this code can be taken out of the HAVE-X-WINDOWS
condition. Then only a single copy is necessary.

By the way, I had a bizarre problem: Some .el files wouldn't be recompiled
so I had some recent source files that were newer than their .elc file,
e.g. lisp/mail/sendmail.el.
It appears to be caused because I had my sources in ~/Projects/CVS/emacs.
Maybe not wise to use CVS as dir name (I have changed it now to cvs).
It was caused by this line in lisp/Makefile (it occurs twice):

           case $$file in */Old | */RCS | */CVS | */CVS/* | */.* | */.*/* |

--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden