Re: Current CVS version install breaks on Mac OSX

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Current CVS version install breaks on Mac OSX
Date: 15 Mar 2004 08:08:43 +0200

> From: Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
> Date: 14 Mar 2004 21:20:00 +0100
>
> In fact it means that this code can be taken out of the HAVE-X-WINDOWS
> condition. Then only a single copy is necessary.

You mean, the HAVE_CARBON case?  Well, it was outside the
HAVE_X_WINDOWS condition, but someone, I think Kim, changed that.  I
guess it was done to simplify the other builds: the X toolkit and the
GTK one.

Personally, I don't care much how we factor that (src/Makefile.in is a
complex piece stuff, and the fact that it is preprocessed by cpp
doesn't help), as long as it works for all the ports and build
variants.  The --without-x case, btw, is the one most frequently
broken, as it is very rarely used, or so it seems.  I'm surprised that
not one, but 2 separate reports about it were posted just this week.