vc-arch.el buglets

From: Miles Bader
Subject: vc-arch.el buglets
Date: 16 Mar 2004 13:06:39 +0900

Hi, vc-arch.el showed up in emacs; I'm very glad to finally be able to
do `C-x v =' on arch files (my number one wish before)!

A few little buglets I noticed:

 (1) If you visit a _new_ file in an arch-controlled directory, it
     asks you:

        File NAME was lost; check out from version control? (yes or no)

     Which of course is completely wrong.

 (2) Commit uses -L with the contents of the log buffer, which seems
     like the wrong thing (remember, -L uses the given text to fill in
     _both_ the Summary: and the log body -- and a log-edit buffer
     usually contains newlines...).

     I think ideally, it would pre-fill-in the log-edit buffer with a
     skeleton arch log (e.g. just an empty Summary: line and a
     header-end empty line), and pass it to commit using the -l option.

 (3) The _first_ time you use `C-x v =' on any given file, it generates
     a *vc-diff* buffer containing _two_ copies of the diff!  Subsequent
     invocations yield only the proper one copy.

Thanks,

-Miles

p.s.  Like many emacs & arch users probably did, I made a half-hearted
      attempt at vc support when I first started using arch, but the
      impedance mismatch between arch and vc.el's model of revision
      control caused severe head pains... :-]
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]