Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.
Date: 17 Mar 2004 12:56:25 +0900

address@hidden (Marco Munari 16447.64651) writes:
> i'm introducing new fringe *active* basic face,
> (FRINGE_ACTIVE_FACE_ID as new and complement of FRINGE_FACE_ID)
> to permit more hilighting of current selected window, because
> mod_line_inactive_face_id and mode_line_face_id highlight the selected
> emacs window only in the bottom (of the void space) below the buffer.

If you are answering my previous question, I think you didn't quite
understand what I meant:

  Why did you use:   `fringe-active' and `fringe'
  instead of:        `fringe' and `fringe-inactive'

To highlight the selected-window/other-windows?

The latter is more consistent with existing practice.

[There may very well be a good reason, I simply don't know what it is.]

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!