Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:58:11 +0100

Saluton, Moin,

Miles Bader <address@hidden> skribis:

> If *compilation* looks like this:
>
> cray.c:33: error: `driver_num' undeclared (first use in this function)
> cray.c:33: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> cray.c:33: error: for each function it appears in.)

And I would say that is a bug in gcc, because the other 2 lines are
mislabeled.  They are _not_ errors, but merely informational.  If this were:

cray.c:33: error: `driver_num' undeclared (first use in this function)
cray.c:33: info: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cray.c:33: information: for each function it appears in.)

compilation-mode would do the right thing.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / läramå / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/