Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:16:04 +0100

Moin Andreas,

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> skribis:

> address@hidden (Daniel Pfeiffer) writes:
>
> > Saluton, Moin,
> >
> > Miles Bader <address@hidden> skribis:
> >
> >> If *compilation* looks like this:
> >>
> >> cray.c:33: error: `driver_num' undeclared (first use in this function)
> >> cray.c:33: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> >> cray.c:33: error: for each function it appears in.)
> >
> > And I would say that is a bug in gcc, because the other 2 lines are
> > mislabeled.  They are _not_ errors, but merely informational.  If this
> > were:
>
> It's a multiline error message, _not_ three different ones.

It is three different messages, even if the stupid compiler writer intended
something different.  But the general feeling here seems to be to make this
default to t.  Those who have clever compilers that report columns will still
get the benefit of jumping to each different column.

I have no objection to making this t.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / läramå / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/