Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:07:08 +0200

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:15:44 -0500
> From: address@hidden (Karl Berry)
>
>     Why cannot they say
>                info libc FUNCTION
>
> 1) then users have to know what manual to look in.

Doesn't sound a big problem to me: someone who looks for a library
function can manage to remember that they come from libc.

> 2) in practice, manuals don't contain every function in their top-level
>    menu, to my knowledge.

They usually do so in the Detailed Menu.  If not, they should.

In any case, if we want Info to look up arguments in the indices,
naming a particular manual in whose indices to look makes this job
practical, while looking in _all_ manuals is not, IMHO.