deleting rcs keywords from emacs sources

From: Miles Bader
Subject: deleting rcs keywords from emacs sources
Date: 23 Mar 2004 15:46:35 +0900

A few files in the emacs source have embedded `rcs keywords', which look
like $Id: ... $ and are rewritten by cvs upon checkout/checkin (I'm not
entirely sure which) to automatically reflect

These are quite annoying when merging between branches because they
cause spurious conflicts (as they contain the revision number, they are
guaranteed to differ between branches), and as far as I know aren't
really particularly useful, so I'd like to simply delete them from the
emacs sources.

Any objections?

-Miles
--