Re: License of Unicode tables

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: License of Unicode tables
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:14:32 +0100

Hi Simon,

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
> I couldn't follow how that prevented me from only incorporating part
> of the file, and using something else instead of that part, which
> essentially is what a bug fix is.

This is of course a political as well as a practical issue.  I'll
stick to the practical level.

On the practical level this is a data file, and one maintained at a
public site.  I'd expect users/developers would like to import updates
directly from there.

In this situation I wouldn't *want* to fix bugs by changing it,
because such changes would be lost with the next update.  I would
rather put fixes into a second file and read that after the original
to override the orignal values.

benny