Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:29:22 +0000 (UTC)

       I also implemented a version which highlights the common perfix string
       in completions. And I felt that the visual feedback is too strong.

   I agree.  To emphasize the part that is not informative is not a
   useful feature.

Please do not think in terms of any single characteristic such as
`bold'.  Not everyone uses the same monitor you do.

I never use bold because it looks bad on the monitor I mostly use.
Instead for isearch-lazy-highlight-face, I put the color "blue" in the
background.

For a compilation highlight face, I would use the color "green" or
some other color.

Different faces in different contexts.

Thank you.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden