Wheter to switch to another VC, and which one...

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Wheter to switch to another VC, and which one...
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:39:56 +0100

> And can we stop talking Arch-vs-Subversion.  There's already plenty of such
> threads elswhere.  Emacs is not about to switch to one system or another.

Well, Emacs is not about to switch, but, if we don't talk about it, it will
certainly never switch. Perhaps you feel that's fine. I for sure feel is
*not*.

> All the decentralized models I know of have the centralized model as
> a special case.  You can definitely use Arch with a single centralized
> server (accessed via SFTP) and it works very much like Subversion or CVS in
> this respect.

I know. That doesn't mean there aren't hidden costs in using a more
generic tool for a quite specific use.

> And I expect that if Emacs ever switches to something like
> Arch or Bitkeeper

RMS using BitKeeper, that'd be funny.

                                                                Juanma