Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*
Date: 28 Mar 2004 12:35:12 -0500

>     It was (and still is) also to get a poor man's approximation of
>     buffer-local faces.
> Where do you use them that way?

In my .emacs for some modes where I don't want comments in
font-lock-comment-face (for example).  I first used it in dired-mode where
font-lock-FOO-face was misused for unrelated concepts.  But even when it's
used for the right concept, I've found some modes where I find that
comments play different roles or where I find keywords more or less
important, or that I want functions headers to stand out more, ...

        Stefan