Re: diff-apply-hunk broken

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: diff-apply-hunk broken
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:10:57 +0200

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 00:46, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> > In your case, clearly the new behavior is undesirable, so I think we need
> > to fix VC so that the diff doesn't mention io.d.~1.204.~.
>
> I've just installed such a change in vc.el.
> Please try it and tell me how you like it,

Looks good to me.  Two questions, though: a local diff and a remote diff
now look exactly the same in the buffer.  Perhaps it would be good to
add something like "(local)" after the version number, in a way that
wouldn't confuse diff-mode (or patch, for that matter)?  Just a thought.

Second, I couldn't find documentation for the "-L" option in the GNU
diff manual, although it is quite happy with that option (--label, which
seems equivalent, is documented).  Do you have any idea about the
general availability of -L in other diff implementations?