Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:50:07 -0500

    I haven't used it in a while now), but that was not my point: my point is
    that buffer-local faces are useful for user customization and as long as we
    don't really support them, we should try to keep using the "face-variables"
    indirection used by font-lock: those variables are not obsolete.

I agree, as regards font lock faces.  However, when a face is used
only in a specific mode, then this motivation for customizing it would
be rare.