Re: Request: new emacs release

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: Re: Request: new emacs release
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:43:26 +0200

1) Not "necessary", because 21.3 is pretty much rock-solid and there
   are (to my knowledge) no showstopper bugs waiting for an urgent
   patch.
The rock-solid-ness depends somewhat on how you use Emacs. Emacs (21.2) crash for me, if not every day, then at least every week. Although I don't know how to confirm it, I think the reason is the missing GCPRO in directory-files and directory-files-and-attributes, a bug that has been corrected now.

It may not be a showstopper, but it would be nice with a released Emacs without this bug.