Re: Suggestion for autorevert.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Suggestion for autorevert.el
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:34:15 -0500

    Did you mean that `revert-buffer' should be changed to keep point at
    the end if it was there or just auto-revert?

Just auto-revert, was what I had in mind.
I had not thought of doing this in revert-buffer,
but it is an interesting suggestion.

      That would leave the question of what to do
    with an empty buffer, where point is both at beginning and end.

For auto-revert, in the case where you want to read the new output in
the file, this case should be treated as "at the end".  However,
in ordinary revert-buffer, that would be undesirable.

So I think this should be done in auto-revert, NOT in revert-buffer.
And it should test simply (eobp).