Re: Dired changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Dired changes
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:59:54 -0500

    I had this feature for a long time in .emacs, and it's really a useful
thing.
    It could be added to dired.el, but I'm not sure where to add it.
    One possibility is to add directly to the `dired-view-file' like:

Could you explain to me what this change does?
What is "mailcap" anyway?

    +          (require 'mailcap)
    +          (require 'mm-decode)

These appear to be in Gnus.  If we are going to use them in Dired we
will have to move them out of Gnus.

A command like this ought to ask the user for confirmation before
actually running a shell command found in that list.