Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: 08 Apr 2004 13:26:15 +0200

>> I would note too that I'm currently trying to identify a frequent
>> crash that occurs on Mac OS/X (1-4 times daily).  This is a new
>> breakage, as earlier versions of Emacs were quite stable.

YM> I guess some of them are related to repeated C-g.  Is that right?  I
YM> think mac_check_for_quit_char (in macterm.c) needs some changes so
YM> that it reflects the recent changes on kbd_buffer_store_event_hold (in
YM> keyboard.c).

The crashes on my machine are (almost) invariably tied to the following
sequence:

I am reading news/mail with gnus.
I switch a couple of times between emacs and other applications
I go back to gnus and continue reading or request new news with the 'g'
command in *Groups*.
Emacs hangs
I try to get it out of the hang by hitting C-g once or several times.
Crash.

These crashes happen sometimes several times a day.

It was my impression that it could be related to something like screen
redrawing or redrawing the menu, that corrupts some memory or doesn't
cooperate properly with GC.
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden