Re: lisp/url/url-https.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: lisp/url/url-https.el
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:57:50 -0400

    The file lisp/url/url-https.el doesn't do anything useful, it seems,
    if ssl.el isn't installed (or if OpenSSL isn't installed).

We have to delete that file, I think, since it is crypto code.
(It should not have been on savannah at all.)
tls.el has to be deleted too, I'm sad to say.

There are files in Gnus that also have to go.

Exporting crypto code from the US is no longer forbidden,
but the US government claims to impose restrictions on people
who obtain copies overseas and then redistribute them to certain
places.  For this reason, all GNU crypto code should be developed
and released from outside the US, still.