Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*
Date: 08 Apr 2004 12:46:54 -0400

> -                  (pop-to-buffer (car location))
> +                  (switch-to-buffer (car location))

That signals an error when the *Help* buffer is on a dedicated window (as
is the case for me).  I spend a lot of time getting rid of such misuses of
switch-to-buffer, so I strongly oppose this patch.

Of course, the right way to fix it might be to make switch-to-buffer
delegate to pop-to-buffer rather than signal an error.  But last time
I suggested it, Richard did not like it.

        Stefan