Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:12:27 +0900 (JST)

> > I installed the patch with following new faces:
> >
> > (defface completion-emphasis
> [...]
> > (defface completion-de-emphasis
>
> How about a NEWS entry for this feature?

Thank you. I've added the following item.

    ** Visual feedback of *Completions* buffer is enhanced.
    Faces are put on the common prefix substrings and the first uncommon
    charachters of each completion candidate in the *Completions* buffer.
    `completion-de-emphasis' is put on the common prefix substrings as the
    face; and `completion-emphasis' is put on the first uncommon
    charachters. By default `completion-de-emphasis' is inherited from
    `default' face. `completion-emphasis' is inherited from `bold' face.

Masatake YAMATO