Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:24:05 -0400

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 05:06:05AM -0400, Miles Bader wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 10:34:55PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> >     I'd like to (post-release) merge my tiling branch too; I don't seen any
> >     particularly good reason to keep it separate.
> >
> > I seem to recall that code had serious flaws and that it was not clear
> > whether they could be fixed at all.
>
> If so, nobody told _me_ about them...

To restate that in a less glib manner, to the best of my knowledge, my tiling
changes have never been reviewed by anybody, and such discussion as has
occurred has mostly been off on various tangents, not about the core
functionality.

For instance Dave Love commented that would nice if a background image could
be synchronized with the text (so it acted like "paper"), as that's what web
browsers do, and the ensuing discussion was mostly about why it was hard to
do that in emacs -- but I don't think that detracts from the basic
functionality, it's just an interesting possible feature.

Are you sure you're not thinking of some other patch?

-Miles
--
/\ /\
(^.^)