Re: Frequent hangs with 21.3.1.

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Frequent hangs with 21.3.1.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:32:18 +0200

I'm experiencing extremely frequent (hourly) hangs with emacs 21.3.1
on Redhat GNU/Linux 9.  I suspect the problem is fixed in mainline
with this patch:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/src/alloc.c.diff? r1=1.328&r2=1.329

Can anyone confirm that this is the likely cause of the hangs?  I've
appended a gdb backtrace.  The session is still around in case anyone
is interested.

It looks to be the same problem, i.e. mallopt => signal handler => malloc. You can close the session. I guess you have to patch the source yourself, or run CVS latest, since the scope of the next release is under discussion.

        Jan D.