Re: Pages of the Tramp package.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Pages of the Tramp package.
Date: 14 Apr 2004 14:48:15 +0200

> >     I was talking about its web pages.  The repository is within Emacs.
> >
> > Maybe the Tramp web pages should go into the Emacs web pages.
>
> I don't believe so. Tramp exists outside Emacs 21.3.50 as well, for
> older Emacsen and for XEmacs.

Sure.  But I find it strange that it should be labelled a non-GNU
project when it is (C) FSF and part of Emacs as distributed.  I think
it more likely that people will expect to find it on
www.gnu.org/software/tramp rather than www.nongnu.org/tramp, given
that it is part of Emacs.

Of course, this is up to the maintainer.  But the choice seems a bit
weird.