Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:53:52 -0400

    > I think it would be useful if Emacs had display-local variables, and a
    > display type that is accessible from Lisp code.  The Elisp manual will
    > have to be updated when (if) these features are implemented.

    That sounds useful, especially with multi-tty support.

    Richard -- is this something we should add?

If it is necessary, we could add it with the multi-tty support.
However, if we can do without it, let's do without it.  These would
surely not be used very often.  It could be a feature not worth the
effort it costs.

When would you use it?