Re: Pages of the Tramp package.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Pages of the Tramp package.
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:03:05 +0200

>     > Maybe the Tramp web pages should go into the Emacs web pages.
>
>     I don't believe so. Tramp exists outside Emacs 21.3.50 as well, for
>     older Emacsen and for XEmacs.
>
> I see no connection between that and the issue.

The Tramp web pages contain parts which might be not desirable in the
Emacs web:

- There is a chapter about Tramp installation. Not needed if Tramp is
  inside Emacs; therefore this chapter is discarded when tramp.texi is
  uploaded to Emacs CVS.

- Tramp has different syntax for Emacs and XEmacs. I don't like it,
  but that's the status. Therefore, there are TWO web pages for Tramp,
  each linked to the other.

I guess both reasons make it reasonable to have Tramp web pages
outside Emacs.

Best regards, Michael.