Re: Compilation to native

From: Matthew Mundell
Subject: Re: Compilation to native
Date: 16 Apr 2004 15:22:29 +0100

(nobody) writes:

> Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > BTW I noticed that one difference between our commands is that my stack
> > ref/set ops use the _absolute_ position on the stack (counted from the
> > base),
> > not a TOS-relative position.

Yes.  The optimisation could use the absolute versions.  That could
save the byte compiler from having to count the change in stack depth
when replacing the loop's varsets and varrefs.

However, for native compilation the relative positions may be
required, to save having to record the position of the bottom of the
stack.