Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:08:10 -0400

    3 - Change switch-to-buffer to call pop-to-buffer rather than signal an
        error and leave everything else unchanged.

I don't like the idea of making switch-to-buffer do different things
in interactive and noninteractive calls.  And I don't like the idea
of making it switch windows.

In the case of a single dedicated window, splitting the window
and using one of the new windows does make sense in a way.
However, switching to another existing window just seems wrong.