Re: lisp/url/url-https.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: lisp/url/url-https.el
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:18:52 -0400

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, address@hidden wrote:
> It is best for encryption software to be written and released
> outside the US, by people who are not US citizens.  This is the only
> way to avoid the post-release restrictions that the US still tries
> to apply to people in other countries who might subsequently
> redistribute it.

If there is a non-US resident interested in developing gencrypt.el or
something similar, I'm perfectly willing to let them do it.  I don't
think Karl Berry, the crypt++.el maintained, would mind it either.

crypt++.el and my own work with Gnus are decent starting points - the
only thing I ask is that the developer try to develop an API, not a
file I/O layer like crypt++.el, even though the file I/O layer can be
optional.

Thanks
Ted