Re: making iswitchb the default

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: making iswitchb the default
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:56:27 +0200

I don't understand. You said:

> What IMHO _would_ be useful and unsurprising to newbies is a mode that
> drops a menu of buffer names and allows to select one by either a
> mouse click or arrow keys and RET.

And, if you bind bs-show to C-x b or C-x C-b, that's *exactly* what you
can do: C-x b (or whatever), click or select with arrows, RET, and
you're on the desired buffer. In fact, bs-show provides also bs-next and
bs-prev to ease switching buffers withouth showing the list, and ways to
configure which buffers are displayed, and to switch between
configurations (so showing only "relevant" buffers, or all buffers, is
trivial).

Since I loaded bs.el in my .emacs years ago, I haven't used *any* other
command to switch buffers.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u