Re: emacs 21.2 cvs tag?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs 21.2 cvs tag?
Date: 20 Apr 2004 10:34:58 -0400

> i see from sampling about half a dozen files that there are cvs tags:
>   EMACS_21_3
>   EMACS_21_1

> but no such "EMACS_21_2".  the 21.2 tarball is dated 2002-03-16 and i'm
> inclined to infer EMACS_21_2 from around that time, but that seems a bit
> imprecise.  does anyone remember the exact time?

I recommend you look at the "Release" message in the ChangeLog files.
That's how I reverse-engineered the EMACS_20_4 (IIRC).
BTW, it took some fine-tuning to get the right set of files (first,
an approximate date, then trying out a few nearby times to see what was
added just before/after and comparing it to the ChangeLog text until
it matches: the time was different for different dirs (and files), IIRC).

        Stefan