Re: Grep and font-lock

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Grep and font-lock
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:26:54 +0200

Any particular reason it doesn't behave like other modes, i.e. if
global font lock is off, and not otherwise turned on, via a hook for
example, leave it off?

What part of "uses it internally" don't you understand?
If you turn off font-lock, compile.el just plain doesn't work any more.

I assumed it didn't use all the faces internally and those could be turned off, and give the impression that font lock is off. If that is not possible,
I guess I have to redefine those faces.  However, NEWS should mention
this, and perhaps list the names of the faces.  It is not obvious that
faces starting with compile- also affects grep.

        Jan D.