Re: IELM prompt

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: IELM prompt
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:14:39 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

   Customizing the prompt would, by default, no longer affect existing
   *ielm* buffers.  I believe that is an improvement, because two
   distinct prompts in the same ielm run looks messy.  (I often save
   *ielm* buffers.)

Actually, changing the prompt of an existing *ielm* buffer has much
worse consequences than just looking bad.  The old prompts will
confuse ielm and comint commands looking for prompts (which probably
means the majority of ielm and comint commands).  For instance, RET
and C-c RET on old prompts no longer work.  So excluding (by default)
existing *ielm* buffers from the new prompt definitely seems to be an
improvement.

Sincerely,

Luc.