Re: isearch (was: Re: Should we move 20.x related stuff out of NEWS ?)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: isearch (was: Re: Should we move 20.x related stuff out of NEWS ?)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:21:56 -0400

    I sometimes wished this feature too.  For example, isearch implemented
    in the standalone Info reader can jump to the next Info node, but
    Emacs can't.  Something similar could be implemented in Emacs as well:
    for Emacs Info reader to jump between Info nodes, and for non-Info
    buffers to jump between buffers.

I don't like the idea of complicating isearch this way.
It is better to keep isearch with its natural meaning, which is to
search the current visible buffer contents, and have the separate
info search that knows how to move beteeen nodes.