Re: M-x compile should tell its status (a little bit better)..

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: M-x compile should tell its status (a little bit better)..
Date: 23 Apr 2004 23:48:26 +0200

Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Stallman wrote:
>
> > Could you say more precisely what change you have in mind in the
> > mode line contents?
>
> I think the idea is not to change the mode line, but to change the
> mode name so that the status is apparent from `M-x list-buffers'.  I
> think the following provides the desired effect, but it's just for
> illustration:

Yes that was my idea. I hope my example in an earlier mail was also
helpful to understand what i had in mind.

Do you think such a change would be good? And which other modes could
benefit from such a visual feedback? Maybe all modes that use an
(longrunning) inferior process..

Stephan
--
Stephan Stahl