Re: Info *note xxx* problems

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info *note xxx* problems
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:34:03 +0300

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:
> Juri Linkov writes:
>> other problem was in the LilyPond music glossary with the word
>> `*note*' emphasized by asterisks around it.  This is already fixed
>> in Emacs Info reader to skip the `*note' text without whitespace
>> after it, but there are still other places in the LilyPond music
>> glossary which are interpreted as cross references:
>>
>> *note head*
>> *note value*
>>
>> As one solution you can replace a space by some other non-space character,
>> for example:
>>
>> *note_head*
>> *note-value*
>
> I would much prefer fixing the info readers, rather than mangling node
> names, if possible.

I don't see how Info readers could be fixed: the `*note ' text
is used for cross-references.

Fortunately, you can use emphasis other than asterisks by replacing
the @string argument of the @table by any argument which doesn't put
asterisks around the text: @emph, @asis, @code, @samp, @var, @option...

--
Juri Linkov