Re: IELM prompt

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: IELM prompt
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:05:36 +0200

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:35:45 -0500 (CDT), Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> wrote:

> The behavior _before_ your patch did not make sense either.

Sure. In fact, for an interrupted process the point ended at the start
of the header :)

> I believe that if one switches back to an active ielm process, point
> should stay where it is.

Yes, it sound logical. I didn't think of it because my pattern of usage
of ielm is very different. In fact, I have a wrapper function for ielm
which shows the ielm buffer in a small window at the bottom of the frame,
and takes it out of view when not using it (that's how I found the
problem with `where-is-internal': I bind a global key to "enter" into
the ielm buffer/window, and the same key in the local ielm map to hide
the window and go back to where I was).

> I could commit if there are no objections.

Not mine.

Thanks,

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u