Re: ChangeLog computation with savannah: "cvs server: nothing known abou

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: ChangeLog computation with savannah: "cvs server: nothing known about ymakefile"
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:01:06 -0700

C-x v a or (vc-update-change-log) is to what I was referring. It seems to work now, and the results it produces are, as is readily apparent, useless. It regenerates the entire changelog, not just finding all the changes in the current directory and prepending them to the Log; which is what I would expect. cvs2cl.pl includes a parameter "--accum" which does what I think it should.

Doing it "by hand" was doing C-x 4 a, which means I need to go to each functional difference and modify the changelog individually. However, if C-x 4 a works from a *vc-diff*, then I can figure it out from there; I've only tried it from vc-log or cvs-commit, so I assumed it didn't work.

Thanks!
-Steven