Re: Several suggestions for image support

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Several suggestions for image support
Date: 27 Apr 2004 10:30:28 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> >          nil -> use height of current face (the default)
> >          t -> use default face height (as minimum height)
> >          0   -> use (don't increase) actual line height
> >          N (integer > 0)  -> use N pixels (as minimum height)
> >          F (float > 0.0)  -> use F * current face font height
>
> Is 0 a special case of N (use 0 pixels as minimum height)?

Sounds like it.

Maybe the description would be more clear if phrased that way, e.g. --

         N (integer)     -> use N pixels (as minimum height); note that
                            0 will give you exactly the actual line height

> >         F (float > 0.0)  -> use F * current face font height
>
> If so, would it be the same as 0.0, too?

I assume that the F case is really a minimum too (really that that the
display engine can't _not_ do that), so that sounds like it's true for
the same reasons as the N case.

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'