Re: isearch-yank-char

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch-yank-char
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:09:52 +0300

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
> Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>> It's a shame, because it would be nice to use more "normal" bindings in
>> isearch to do "isearchey variants", but it's probably necessary to be pretty
>> conservative.
>
> In this case, I wonder if we're not being overly conservative.

Here is an idea: to create a special mode, say, conservative-mode,
where default values and key bindings will never change from version
to version.  Users upset by constant changes will set it once and for
all in own .emacs and will not worry about further changes.  Users who
don't set this mode (as well as novices who have no preferences) will
be ready for changes, and Emacs development will not be restricted by
care for backward compatibility anymore.  So everyone will be happy.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/