Re: Default Emacs keybindings (was: Re: Menu suggestion)

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: Default Emacs keybindings (was: Re: Menu suggestion)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:46:38 -0700

(if mac-command-key-is-meta
    (if mac-reverse-ctrl-meta 'C 'M)
    'A)

On Apr 27, 2004, at 8:17 AM, Kim F. Storm wrote:

Steven Tamm <address@hidden> writes:

My point being, making CUA default on Mac is not going to give
Mac users what they expect.

I'm with you 100%.  The only sensible CUA-mode on the Mac wouldn't
work; mostly because the default action-modifier is Command and not
control.   So emacs -nw would never DTRT.   Making CUA the default
would be counter-productive to me unless it was mapped to
Command-Z,X,C, and V (in a sense, regardless of the modifier to which
Command is mapped).    Since Command can be mapped to Control, Meta,
or Alt; the "Mac bindings" should be able to map to either M- or to
A-.

How can I check which alternative to use in lisp ?

Looking at mac-command-key-is-meta and maybe mac-reverse-ctrl-meta is
probably the right thing to do, but I'm not sure I fully understand
the meaning and relationship between those vars.  E.g which setting
corresponds to Command = control ?