Re: recent emacs crashiness/input-flakiness [X11 version related?]

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: recent emacs crashiness/input-flakiness [X11 version related?]
Date: 28 Apr 2004 13:41:09 +0900

I wrote:
>   * An X emacs, on the other hand, sometimes ignores keyboard input
>     (though mouse input works fine), and sometimes crashes on the first
>     keystroke, in _XimProcSyncReply[*].  Whether it crashes or ignores
>     input seems to vary based on external factors like font and color,
>     e.g.:

I tried configuring emacs using `configure --without-xim' and that
seems to get rid of the problems.  So maybe emacs is doing something
funky with XIM, or maybe the input server I use (kinput2) is doing
something weird...

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that