Re: Menu suggestion

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Menu suggestion
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:57:13 +0000 (UTC)

    > Not if you consider the time needed to move your hand to the editing
    > keypad.

    It seems you assume those monstrous 101-key PC keyboards.
    But that assumption doesn't hold for laptops where arrow keys
    are located very close to letter keys, and even on them when
    using a special key.

I am writing this on a laptop.  Even though the arrow keys are loced
close to the letter keys, I still have to move my hand noticeably
further than if I use Emacs keybindings.

To use an arrow key to move one character right, I have to move my
hand so that none of my fingers comfortably lie over any printable
characters.  To use `C-f', I move only my left little finger, and
leave the rest of my hand where it is.

    As I slowly update it,                     address@hidden
        I rewrite a "What's New" segment for   http://www.rattlesnake.com