Re: Several suggestions for image support

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Several suggestions for image support
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:06:12 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> I have just installed changes to revert to the 21.3 functionality for
> newline height calculation, that is, use the current face font height
> (by default).

> Then I added a new line-height property on the newline with the
> following values:

>          nil -> use height of current face (the default)
>          t -> use default face height (as minimum height)
>          0   -> use (don't increase) actual line height
>          N (integer > 0)  -> use N pixels (as minimum height)
>          F (float > 0.0)  -> use F * current face font height

If there's no line-height property, a height of a space
glyph (for SPC, TAB, NL) is decided by the height of a SPACE
glyph of a font.  But, it seems that we can make their
height exactly what requested by a face.  Then I think we
don't have to introduce line-height property.  Each
line-height property value can be simulated as follows.

nil -- do nothing
t -- add `default' face
0 -- make a face of height 0 and add it
N -- make a face by :height N (but specifies it by 1/10 pt) and add it.
F -- make a face by :height F and add it

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden