Re: reverting CJK input methods

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: reverting CJK input methods
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:50:42 +0200 (CEST)

> Oops, please try the attached new one.

It works, thanks!  But I think it is too slow.  On my laptop, testing
chinese-4corner, it takes up to two seconds until the result is
displayed.  Maybe input methods with more than, say, six to seven
thousand elements should use the inverse map.

> But, for the input method "Japanese", we can't show key for Kanji
> characters because the Kanji characters are generated from the input
> hiragana sequence by the different program than quail.

It would be *very* nice if the surrounding of the current character
could be used to find some Japanese phrases...

    Werner